WORKSHOP READING MATERIALS
Trauma Research and Evidence
1) Sperry et al. Prehospital Plasma during Air Medical Transport in Trauma Patients at Risk for Hemorrhagic Shock (PAMPer) NEJM. Published 26th July, 2018. N Engl J Med 2018;379:315-26. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1802345
2) Moore, Hunter B et al. Plasma-first resuscitation to treat haemorrhagic shock during emergency ground transportation in an urban area: a randomised trial. The Lancet , Volume 392 , Issue 10144 , 283 - 291
Papers 1 and 2 would be discussed together.
3) Bazraian et al, Serum GFAP and UCH-L1 for prediction of absence of intracranial injuries on head CT (ALERT-TBI): a multicentre observational study. Lancet Neurology. 2018 Sep;17(9):782-789. doi: 10.1016/S1474-4422(18)30231-X. Epub 2018 Jul 24.
4) Walker et al. Conservative Management in Traumatic Pneumothoraces: An Observational Study. Chest. 2018 Apr;153(4):946-953. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2017.10.015. Epub 2017 Nov 15.
5) Warwick AM, Jenks T, Fisher R, Garrett‐Cox R, Lecky F, Yates D. Disparities in the management of paediatric splenic injury. Br J Surg. October 2018:263-266. doi:10.1002/bjs.10996
6) Cooper et al. Effect of Early Sustained Prophylactic Hypothermia on Neurologic Outcomes Among Patients With Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: The POLAR Randomized Clinical Trial (POLAR)
JAMA. 2018;320(21):2211-2220. doi:10.1001/jama.2018.17075
7) Moran CG, Lecky F, Bouamra O, et al. Changing the System – Major Trauma Patients and Their Outcomes in the NHS (England) 2008–17. EClinicalMedicine. August 2018:13-21. doi:10.1016/j.eclinm.2018.07.001
8) Hatch R et al. Anxiety, Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after critical illness: a
UK-wide prospective cohort study (ICON). Crit Care. 2018 Nov 23;22(1):310. doi: 10.1186/s13054-018-2223-6.
9) Chu DK et al. Mortality and morbidity in acutely ill adults treated with liberal versus conservative oxygen therapy (IOTA): a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet. 2018 Apr 28;391(10131):1693-1705.